Thursday 16 February 2012

The Stronghold Returns?

Once upon a time there was a website called The Stronghold. It was clunky, poorly laid-out and the best and most comprehensive resource for things relating to the 'Hordes Of The Things' fast-play fantasy miniatures rules.

It was my baby.

It ticked along happily for ten years, erratically updated and, it appears, constantly referenced. Then, one fateful September day in 2008, I emigrated from the UK to Australia. And in doing so closed my account with the ISP that hosted The Stronghold. I never really found a new home for the site and, one day, the ISP realised that it was still taking up space on their servers and deleted it.

The Stronghold, as a presence on the web, was gone.

Since then, parts of it have resurfaced. Jay at The Mead Hall hosts many of the original army lists from the site. But most of The Stronghold now lives only on my hard-drive, where only I can see it.

So, I thought, why not set up a blog and make it the new Stronghold? Then, as the mood strikes me, I can post old pieces from the original site in a way that makes them accessible to people again.

That's the plan, anyway.

Of course, what it also allows me to do is dump other wargames-related nonsense here as well.

We'll see. I'm notoriously fickle when it comes to blogs.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...